The ABA Center for Innovation is accepting proposals for its Spotlight event at the ABA Annual Meeting in New York City on August 12, 2017. The Center will select 10 speakers, who will each deliver a crisp, high-level, 8-minute TED-style talk to an elite audience about a legal innovation. Applicants may submit any legal innovation, including those that are civil or criminal, technological or process-driven, individual or systemic, implemented or in the planning stages.
Please submit by May 15, 2017 a short (500 words or less) description of your legal innovation to firstname.lastname@example.org. Descriptions should include the following:
- Your name and your organization’s name
- The problem your innovation seeks to address
- How your innovation addresses the problem
- What your innovation’s impact will be
- Obstacles you’ve overcome
Optional: You may include a link to your website or a short (maximum 90 seconds) video about your legal innovation.
The ABA Center for Innovation will evaluate proposals using the following criteria:
- The problem’s severity and complexity
- The solution’s effectiveness and efficiency
- Speaker diversity
Innovations can relate to any part of the legal industry, including but not limited to corporate legal departments, legal services organizations, legal education, bar associations, law firms, and courts.